12th International Paderewski Piano Competition, 2022
1st prize € 30 000
2nd prize € 15 000
3rd prize € 7 000
Honorary mention € 2 500
Honorary mention € 2 500
The Finalists shall also be awarded the title of the Laureate of the 12th International Paderewski Piano Competition in Bydgoszcz.
a) € 2 000 – prize for the best performance of I. J. Paderewski’s Sonata in E-flat minor op. 21 or Variations and Fugue inb E-flat minor op. 23 or in the Final of the Competition Concerto in A minor op. 17 or Polish Fantasy op. 19.
b) € 1 000 – prize for the best performance of W. A. Mozart piano concerto
c) € 1 000 – prize for the best semi-final recital
d) € 1 000 – prize for the best Polish participant classified to the semi-final or final.
e) € 1 000 – prize for the best performance of classical sonata, awarded by the Mayor of Bydgoszcz, Mr. Rafał Bruski
Special Paderewski Prize – awarded by the Paderewski Foundation in Morges and the Geneva International Music Competition.
3 000 CHF – for a pianist playing in a particularly expressive way in a romantic tradition and a concert in Switzerland.
20 000 PLN – the prize for the best Polish participant awarded by the Roman Dmowski and Ignacy Jan Paderewski Institute for the Legacy of Polish National Thought.
· Prix Hiroko Nakamura. Cycle of recitals in Japan in March 2023 for the 1st prize winner founded by the Paderewski Japan Association and the Hamamatsu Cultural Foundation prize.
· Konzertdirektion Prof. Victor Hohenfels prize. Concert in Berliner Philharmonie with the Sinfonie Orchester Berlin in the artistic season 2023/2024.
· Chopin Foundation in Miami prize. Recital for the laureate on Florida in the artistic season 2023/2024.
· Polish Music Center, University of Southern California, Los Angeles prize.Gala concert during the Paderewski Festival in Paso Robles for the 1st prize-winner, November 2023.
· Paderewski Music Society in Los Angeles prize. Piano recital at the Paderewski Music Society Recital Series in the artistic season 2023/2024.
· International Franz Liszt Piano Competition prize. Recital for the laureate.
· Tbilisi International Piano Competition prize. Recital in Tbilisi, Georgia.
· Vienna Performance Prize, awarded by the Vienna International Pianist.
· Paderewski Pomeranian Philharmonic in Bydgoszcz prize. Concert with the Pomeranian Philharmonic Orchestra for the 1st prize winner.
· Silesian Ludwig van Beethoven Festival in Głogówek prize. Recital at the 31st Festival in 2023 for the laureate of the Competition.
· Recital in Łódź (Poland) awarded by the Arthur Rubinstein International Music Foundation, Łódź.
· Čiurlionis International Piano and organ Competition prize. Recital for the laureate in Vilnus.
· Chopin and his Europe International Music Festival prize. Recital for the winner of the Competition at the 19th Chopin and his Europe International Music Festival.
· Oskar Kolberg Philharmonic in Kielce prize. Concert with the Oskar Kolberg Philharmonic Orchestra for the best Polish participant.
· Special Prize of the Rector of the Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń. Recital for the 1st prize-winner (14.09.2023).
· Toruń Symphony Orchestra prize. Concert for the best Polish participant.
· International Chopin Festivals Foundation in Duszniki-Zdrój prize. Recital for the 1st prize-winner at the 78th International Chopin Festival in Duszniki-Zdrój, August 2023.
· Ave Arte Foundation. Recital at the 10th International Paderewski Festival in Warsaw in 2023.
· Jerzy Kolanowski prize, 1000 Euro, for the best performance of Frederic Chopin’s compositions.
· Two additional prizes for two Polish pianists who ranked highest in the 12th Competition founded by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Piano recitals featuring F. Chopin, I. J. Paderewski and K. Szymanowski music performed in the Polish diplomatic missions in France, Switzerland and the USA in 2023–2024.
12th International Paderewski Piano Competition
Paderewski Music Association in Bydgoszcz
The Paderewski Pomeranian Philharmonic in Bydgoszcz
The Feliks Nowowiejski Academy of Music in Bydgoszcz
THE 12th INTERNATIONAL PADEREWSKI PIANO COMPETITION
is held under the Honourable Patronage of the President of the Republic of Poland Mr. Andrzej Duda
THE 12th INTERNATIONAL PADEREWSKI PIANO COMPETITION IS CO-FINANCED BY:
the Minister of Culture and National Heritage of Republic of Poland from the Fund of the Promotion of Culture – a State purpose–specific Fund, as part of the “Music” program, implemented by the National Institute of Music and Dance
City of Bydgoszcz
PARTNER - PWM Edition